10 New Words Added to Oxford Dictionary [POLL]
Call me old fashioned and out of touch – I don’t care – to me some of these word should not be considered “real” words and put in any dictionary.
I’m not sure the frequency in which they add words to the Oxford Dictionary, I do know that these words being added are likely the result of the Kardashians or Real Housewives of Orange County. If you’ve never watched them you are better off – believe me. Unfortunately my wife watches those dumb shows and I sometimes catch a few minutes of them, usually resulting in me feeling dumber.
Here are 10 new words being added.
1. Side boob – This is probably the only one that doesn’t annoy me. Probably because I like boobs…just saying.
2. YOLO - “You only live once,”. Are we that lazy that we can’t just say that?
3. Adorbs - Short for adorable. This one is probably the one I hate the most.
4. Hot mess - A person or thing that is spectacularly unsuccessful or disordered. I can somewhat deal with this one. Somewhat….
5. Throw shade. To publicly criticize or express contempt for someone. I’ve never even heard of this. This one is STUPID!
6. Amazeballs - Very impressive, enjoyable, or attractive. This is another I CANNOT stand hearing. I see my ex on facebook using this stupid term. That’s why she is an ex
7. Bro hug - A friendly embrace between two men. ANOTHER DUMB ONE!
8. Cray - An abbreviation for “crazy.” I usually want to punch the person that says this. For real!
9. FML - [Eff] my life! To express dismay at a frustrating personal situation.
10. Douchebaggery - Obnoxious or contemptible behavior. This is the only one on the list I actually like. Only because it describes how I feel all the people who use these other terms act.
Read the whole story at (Time)