10 Things That Put You in a Better Mood (and Eight That Make it Worse)
According to the Daily Mail, researchers at the London School of Economics asked people to keep track of what mood they were in using a smartphone app. Here are the ten activities that improve your mood the most.
- Having SEX . . . it supposedly improves your mood by 14.2%.
- Going to a concert, a play, or going dancing improves your mood by 9.3%.
- Going to a museum: 8.8%.
- Exercising: 8.1%.
- Gardening: 7.8%.
- Singing or doing some other kind of performing (See #1): 6.9%.
- Talking with friends: 6.4%.
- Being around nature: 6.3%.
- Walking or hiking: 6.2%.
- Hunting and fishing: 5.8%.
And here are the EIGHT things that RUIN your mood the most:
- Being sick reduces your mood by 20.4%.
- Working or studying makes you 5.4% less happy.
- Taking care of someone who’s sick: 4.3% less happy.
- Waiting in line: 3.5%.
- Doing paperwork: 2.5%.
- Going to a meeting: 1.5%.
- Commuting: 1.5%.
- Doing housework: 0.7%.