40 Years Of Classic Rock, 1973 – 2013 Part Two [VIDEOS]
1973 was a very good year, what was to become the definition of classic rock was released that year on vinyl.A perfect example of that definition would be albums like ‘Houses of The Holy’, ‘Band on the Run’ and ‘Dark Side of the Moon.’ Practically every sub-genre of classic rock was covered in 1973 from debut albums to the likes of Aerosmith, Montrose to The Marshall Tucker Band.
The 40th anniversary of classic rock albums is massive, however; I have 40 picked out for you in this 4 part series that I feel have great back stories and are historically and musically significant ( I own all 40 of these albums in this four part series).
I will have them listed alphabetically by album title:
- ‘Desperado’ – Eagles
- ‘Dixie Chicken‘ - Little Feat
- ‘Goats Head Soup‘ – The Rolling Stones
- ‘Goodbye Yellow Brick Road’ – Elton John
- ‘The Marshall Tucker Band’ – The Marshall Tucker Band
- ‘Houses of the Holy’ – Led Zeppelin
- ‘Larks, Tongues and Aspic’ - King Crimson
- ‘Living in the Material World’ – George Harrison
- ‘Mind Games’ – John Lennon
- ‘Montrose’ – Montrose
40 isn’t so bad when one considers the average life span today, 40 is fairly young.
Happy 40th anniversary as we revisit 1973 with some great landmark classic rock releases.
Click the buttons below for the next artist.