7 Warning Signs That You’re Becoming A Grown-Up
You can’t stop the march of time, or the accumulation of birthdays; but you can join me in the fight against growing up. I used to think that deep down inside I was 12, until a friend told me I reminded him of his 8-year-old. I took that as a compliment.
An article that appeared on Buzzfeed recently listed these undeniable signs that you are becoming a grown-up. If you’re with me in the fight to resist, pay careful attention to these indicators:
- You find yourself in constant conversations about buying homes, square footage, interest rates, and whether or not it’s a good time to buy.
- You find yourself getting jealous of your friends’ vacuum cleaners, knives, and coffee tables.
- You stop sharing even remotely embarrassing things on Facebook.
- You understand you can’t show up to a party empty-handed.
- You make an effort to keep your place clean, even if you have a cleaning lady.
- You can’t remember the last time you even considered asking your parents for money.
- You cook something to bring to dinner parties, instead of just grabbing something from the grocery store on the way.
Whew. According to this list I think I’m still safe for a while longer.