A Few Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Minnesota
Hello non-Minnesotan and WELCOME! Yes I know that moving to a new state can be kind of scary, I would know... I've done it before. But do not worry, the reason that you moved to our lovely state will be worth it and say if that falls through, well then still don't worry because their are many different opportunities here.
While exploring everything that Minnesota has to offer, if you happen to find yourself falling for a Minnesota native, here are a few things that you should know...
1) You should probably be well versed in sarcasm and passive aggressiveness. Yes, we are still the same state with the whole "Minnesota Nice" motto and all, but in all honestly being sarcastic is just second nature to us.
2) Just because we've lived here all our lives doesn't mean that we grew up on a farm. I grew up in a suburb of St. Paul until I moved out of state.
3) NEVER INSULT Bob Dylan or Prince! If you inform me that your not a fan of their music, that's fine, to each their own. But then never open that door again. Especially if your out with people, if you do then your going to get a ear full from someone.
4) It's called POP! Not soda.
5) Minnesotans will always one up you when it comes to craft beer and will probably drink you under the table.
6) You will never be the same after visiting the Minnesota State Fair.
7) When you do meet the family, their will be some sort of hot dish during the meal and someone will have a stereotypical accent. So be ready for it and DO NOT try to be funny and pretend you have one or you will get the evil eye stare down and a feeling that you won't be able to shake off for at least a day.
So their you have it, a few things to know before dating a Minnesotan. Yes I know that it's a lot to remember, but I promise you that it'll be all worth it in the end.