Careless Smoking Blamed For Downtown St. Cloud Hotel Fire
ST. CLOUD - The St. Cloud Fire Department says careless smoking caused a fire early Monday at Courtyard Suites Hotel in downtown St. Cloud. Battalion Chief Greg Newinski says the call came in just after midnight.
He says the fire started in the sleeping area of the sixth floor room, and it was extinguished by the hotel's sprinkler system.
The damage estimate is about $100,000, with water damage to the room, down the hall, and in the stairway.
The person in the room had to be taken to St. Cloud Hospital, however Newinksi did not know what their injuries were.