Classic Rock History For February [VIDEO]
A sad month for classic rock no doubt as it produced the day the music died.Three pioneers of Rock N’ Roll lost there lives.
It all happened in February:
- In 1949 the 45 RPM record made its debut with RCA
- 1963 Neil Young plays his first gig that paid, he was 17
- The day the music died in 1959 Buddy Holly, Big Bopper and Richie Valens were all killed in a plane crash just outside of Clear Lake, Iowa
The Beatles land in America for the first time in 1964, play The Ed Sullivan show and set astronomical ratings records for the network.
- 1972 Led Zeppelin lands in Singapore for a show but not allowed to leave the plane, why? Their hair was too long.
- It was the 402nd consecutive week that ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ is on the Billboard chart. The artist, Pink Floyd.
Don McLean, “American Pie” :