Fire Damages Clearwater Homes
CLEARWATER -- A Clearwater home is considered uninhabitable and another home next door is damaged after a garage fire Monday night.
Wright County Chief Deputy Sheriff Todd Hoffman says a deputy was driving past 440 Prairie Street just before 7:00 p.m. when he noticed a two-stall garage fully engulfed.
Hoffman says one of the residents indicated he was working in the garage when he spilled gasoline and a heater sparked the flames. No one was hurt.
The garage is considered a total loss and the heat from the flames damaged a house next door at 430 Prairie Street. Damage estimates are not currently available.
Clearwater fire crews were able to douse the fire, but the occupants required temporary housing through the Red Cross.