Going To The Twins Home Opener? Here’s What You Want To Know
Baseball comes to Target Field for the first time in 2014 this afternoon against the Oakland Athletics. Opening Day is one of my favorite ‘holidays.’ The Twins are 3-3 after their first road trip of the season. Here are some pieces of information you’ll want to know if you’re heading to today’s game.
- GAME TIME: 3:10 pm CDT.
- STARTING PITCHING: MIN: Correia (0-0, 3.00 ERA). OAK: Kazmir (1-0, 0.00 ERA).
- RADIO: AM 1390 ‘The Fan.’
- TV: Fox Sports North (Charter 28/824).
- TICKETS: Yes, they are still available.
- FORECAST: Mostly Cloudy with a temperature at game time of 55˚, slight chance of a stray shower.
- BREAKFAST ON THE PLAZA: Free ‘Ballpark Breakfast’ from 6 am to 9 am on 7th Street.
- GATES OPEN: At 1:00 pm.
- MUSIC: Local group, ‘Home Free,’ winner of NBC’s ‘Sing-Off’ will perform on the field at about 2:30 pm.
- NEW FOODS: Barbecue Basket of Rib Tips, Porketta Slugger, Italian Burger, Izzy’s Ice Cream, BBQ Brisket Sandwich, The Bigger, Better, Burger Bloody Mary (B.M. garnished with a slider).
- NATIONAL ANTHEM: Twin Cites singer, Thomasina Petrus.
- FIRST PITCH: ‘Captain Phillips’ actor, Barkhad Abdi.
- SECURITY: Target Field will begin using metal detectors at limited entry points beginning today. You’ll be required to remove cell phones and other large metal items prior to entering. This could cause some entry delays. All bags, including women’s purses, will continue to be subject to inspection at every gate.
“We’re gonna win Twins, we’re gonna score…” I’ll see you there.