Guns N’ Roses Bring 3-Hours Of Rock N’ Roll Greatness To U.S. Bank Stadium [PHOTOS]
There are many bands that I would like to see live, but know that it will never happen. And for a long time I thought that was the same reason with Guns N' Roses, but thankfully I was wrong on that. This past Sunday, Guns N' Roses with there 'Not In This Lifetime' tour came to Minneapolis and ROCKED U.S. Bank Stadium. For the next 3 hours and 15 minutes, everyone in attendance stood up multiple times from their seats and was singing with so much passion that it was hard to not join with them. When GNR played 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' though, I swear from start to finish everyone in that building, man, woman, child, teenager, stadium staff, was singing the lyrics word for word.
Now to any of you Loonatics that went to the show or know's someone who went to the show and are complaining about how the acoustics were 'bad' on Sunday... Ummm hellllllo have you not seen how gigantic the damn place is?!? Of course their is going to be some echoing throughout the show. If you went to the Metallica show last year, you would have known that!! Also Axl Rose isn't a spring-chicken anymore, his voice has been through hell and back, so it wasn't a shock to me during certain times throughout the show he would let the crowd sing.
But in the end, they showed up on time (Which shocked a lot of people), they performed 25 songs during the show, 5 in the encore and made sure that the people who attended would remember that night for the rest of their lives. I know I'll remember it until the day I take my final breath.
Guns N' Roses Setlist:
- 'It's So Easy'
- 'Mr. Brownstone'
- 'Chinese Democracy'
- 'Welcome to the Jungle'
- 'Double Talkin' Jive'
- 'Live and Let Die' (Wings cover)
- 'Rocket Queen'
- 'You Could Be Mine'
- 'New Rose' (The Damned cover - Sung by Duff McKagan) (With "You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory" intro)
- 'This I Love'
- 'Civil War' (Voodoo Child outro)
- 'Coma' (Axl introduces the band to the crowd)
- Slash Guitar Solo (with 'Johnny B. Goode' jam in the middle)
- 'Speak Softly Love' (Love Theme From The Godfather) (Nino Rota cover)
- 'Sweet Child O' Mine'
- 'Used to Love Her'
- 'My Michelle'
- 'Wish You Were Here' (Pink Floyd cover) (Slash & Richard Fortus guitar duet)
- 'November Rain' (With "Layla" piano exit intro. Axl Rose playing grand piano)
- 'Black Hole Sun' (Soundgarden cover)
- 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' (Bob Dylan cover) ("Only Women Bleed" intro)
- 'Don't Cry'
- 'Whole Lotta Rosie' (AC/DC cover)
- 'The Seeker' (The Who cover)
- 'Paradise City'