Roundabout Driving 101 – Apparently It’s Needed [VIDEO]
Let's face it, roundabouts are confusing if you're new to driving through one. Sartell is the king of roundabouts, but apparently the drivers aren't aware of how they work. Time for a lesson.
My wife and I have now lived in Sartell for a month. Within that month we've both nearly been t-boned by unaware roundabout drivers. Nobody takes a lesson before they end up in a roundabout, so chances are good that you'll cause an accident from what I see everyday. For young drivers, the chance of a roundabout accident is much higher, so make sure you show this easy-to-understand video to them before sending them on the road...especially through Sartell.
If anything, just keep the following in mind:
- Slow down when approaching
- The inside lane can go straight or left (continuing through the roundabout)
- The outside lane can only go straight or to the right
- Yield to vehicles in the roundabout
- DO NOT change lanes inside a roundabout
If you still don't 'get' roundabouts after this then please do me a favor and stay out of Sartell for the sake of everybody else.