Starting to Pack for Lakes Jam? Here is What You Should and Shouldn’t Bring!
Lakes Jam is this week up in Brainerd! If you are anything like me, packing and prepping starts today. I have never been to Lakes Jam but I have been to Brainerd International Raceway my fair share of times (too many to count) and I have definitely been to music festivals! Here is a packing list that will get you through the weekend!
- Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash – BIR has full service restrooms and showers on the premises. My pro-tip: Wake up early to beat the lines
- Running belt or fanny pack – Kinda dorky but it keeps your phone and money safe when you’re watching the shows.
- Shoes you can walk and stand in for long periods of time – I always bring my (already broken-in) cowboy boots, and my Crocs. I know for a fact I can last all day in them.
- First Aid Kit – You never know when someone will need Neosporin and a Band-Aid.
- Phone Charger and External Battery – They sell slim external batteries in the dollar section of Target for $5. It will be worth it when you can snap a last minute selfie with your favorite artist that just so happens to be walking by!
- Bug Spray and Sunscreen – No one wants to be eaten alive and burnt all weekend.
- Fire Wood – Campfires are allowed at BIR, just make sure they are monitored and kept inside a 3-foot ring.
- Roasting Forks – So you brought hot dogs and marshmallows but you have no way to get them over the fire….. Don’t forget roasting forks.
- Golf Cart or ATV – The best part about BIR is that you can bring your own golf cart or ATV, you just need to purchase a pass for it.
- Water – Avoid dehydration and hangovers!
- An outfit for Sunday – You’re going to wake up, pack your stuff and get out of there. You can change and shower when you get home.
- 8 Different tops and shorts – I always do this and regret it. You’re at a festival, no one is going to care if you wear the same shirt twice. Pack light on the clothes, it’s less laundry on Sunday.
- Complex food for meals – Sandwiches are your friend. Any food that can’t realistically be kept in a cooler has no business there.
- Lots of Different Alcohol – I am guilty of this too. I will just clear the fridge right into my cooler. Honestly I would be better off sticking to one or two signature drinks.
Lakes Jam kicks off on Thursday at Brainerd International Raceway! We will see you up there!