Applications Open for Minnesota Hemp Growers
ST. PAUL (WJON News) - Online applications are now open for a license to grow industrial hemp.
Anyone wishing to grow or process industrial hemp is required to have a license from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture. The license is for industrial hemp only, it doesn’t cover the production of adult-use or medical cannabis.
- An online form must be completed, and first-time growers must pass a background check and submit fingerprints.
- Pay the license fee of $400.00 for a grower license, and $500 for a processor license.
- In addition, each lot of hemp requires pre-harvest THC testing, at $100 per test.
Applications must be submitted by April 30th, 2024, and are valid for the 2024 calendar year.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- NDSU Announces Tuition Waiver for MN Students
- U of M Campus Voted Least Fashionable
- Man Charged After Incident at Minnesota Nudist Resort
Come Visit Watkins, MN With Us in Pictures