Celebrities You Probably Didn’t Know Were From Minnesota
When it comes to Minnesotan celebrities, the two giants that come to mind are none other than Prince and Bob Dylan. It's pretty easy to understand exactly why that is. They're two of the most revered musical artists of all time. I'm sure it's a little hard to get any sunlight when you're living in the shadows of those guys.
But, believe it or not - there are more than just a couple of famous people from the land of 10,000 lakes. I know, it's shocking right? Upon further investigation, I was pretty surprised to stumble onto some pretty well known individuals who were born right here in Minnesota.
Whether it's writers, actors, musicians, athletes, or artists - we've actually been lucky enough to be the birth place of some pretty talented people in a plethora of different professions. Today dear reader we're going to be taking a look some of the celebrities that you probably didn't know were born here. Here we go.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald (Author of The Great Gatsby)
- Josh Hartnett (Actor)
- Judy Garland (Actress and singer - best known as Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz.")
- Charles Shulz (Cartoonist - best know for the "Peanuts" series)
- Sean William Scott (Actor)
- Sinclair Lewis (Novelist and Playwright)
- Jesse Ventura (Wrestler, Actor and Governor)
I was definitely shocked at some of these. Especially Judy Garland. The Wizard of Oz was always one of my favorite films growing up (though looking back on it, it's definitely kind of trippy film for a 5 year old.)