Don’t Panic, Prepare For The Coronavirus By Having This At Home
Everywhere you look, we see news about the coronavirus and it's really hard not to panic. That's not going to help anyone, but will help you and your family is by being prepared. Fortunately, you can get a list of things you need from the government. To prepare for a pandemic it really isn't that long. It's also a good idea to have this kind of stuff for any emergency.
In the Northland we are no strangers to being stuck at home. Our November blizzard had many of us stranded at home for up to 4-5 days while plows tried to get to us. So in reality the odds of us using our prepared items is pretty high around here.
Anyway, here's what the Department of Homeland Security says we should have on hand for the possible coronavirus pandemic:
- Have a 2 week supply of food for your family.
- Store a 2 week supply of water for your family.
- Check to make sure you have enough of your prescription medicine.
- Have non prescription over the counter medicines handy such as pain relievers, fever reducers, cough medicine, stomach remedies, fluids with electrolytes (like Pedialyte) on hand.
- Get copies of your health records, and maintain electronic documentation
- Speak with your family about how to safely care for someone who is suffering from symptoms of the illness which include coughing, fever, and shortness of breath
None of this is too expensive, and you don't need to build a bunker. Having this on hand will help you be able to stay indoors and away from a possible spread of illness if that need were to arise. There's no reason to panic, but there is plenty of reason to be prepared.