Minnesota State Parks Hosting First Day Hikes on New Year’s Day
UNDATED (WJON News) -- Some Minnesota state parks will join a nationwide effort on Monday to connect people with the outdoors.
First Day Hikes will take place on January 1st at 12 Minnesota state parks.
Hikes will be taking place in all 50 states that day to encourage people to exercise and connect with nature. It's being spearheaded by America's State Parks organization and has become a tradition for many people.
The First Day Hike is free to participate but some of the guided hikes require advance registration.
If there is sufficient snow, the hikes will be held on snowshoes. You can bring your own or borrow a set for free.
For a link to the 12 participating parks, click here.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Minnesota Snowmobilers Sit Idle as Trails Open for the Season
- Officials Net Large Number of Invasive Carp in Mississippi River
- MnDOT Brings Back the Name a Snowplow Contest
- Minnesota DNR Urging Patience, Cautious on Newly Formed Ice
- Minnesota DNR Sets Winter Walleye Bag Limits on Two Popular Lakes
LOOK: Baby names losing popularity in the 21st century
Gallery Credit: Stacker
LOOK: Popular fashion trends from the year you were born
Gallery Credit: Andrew Lisa