Minnesota’s Mitch Hedberg, Comedian, Would Have Turned 52 Today (video)
If you never had a chance to see Mitch Hedberg perform his unique brand of comedy, you missed out. Unfortunately, Mitch's run was cut short by a drug overdose 15 years ago.
Hedberg suffered from stage fright his entire career. He usually wore sunglasses on stage and let his hair hang in his face.
He made no bones about his drug use. His most famous quote was "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too". It's too bad Mitch couldn't get a grip on his drug problem. He died in a hotel room in New Jersey of heroin and cocaine toxicity.
Mitch Hedberg released 3 comedy CDs, appeared on MTV, "The David Letterman Show" and "That 70's Show".
Some of Hedberg's best quotes:
- "I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it."
- "You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later."
- "An escalator cannot break. It can only become stairs."
- "Rice is great if you're really hungry and you want 2000 of something."
- "I think Bigfoot is blurry. That's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run! He's fuzzy! Get out of here!"
- "My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said 'No, but I want a regular banana later. So, yeah.''.
Mitch Hedberg's funeral was held in Woodbury, Minnesota
Check out the video below of a Mitch Hedberg appearance on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien"
Get the 'Loon Extra' Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest Minnesota & rock news in your inbox a couple times a week. If we're not awesome, drop us like a hot potato.