Minnesota’s Most Popular Horror Villain is…
Most horror movies are kind of stupid. Apologies to you if you are a fan of the genre but the concept of someone dying and then rising out of a lake to terrorize people — is ridiculous.
Now before you get mad and go all "horror movie villain" on me, let’s put this in a different perspective.
Most sci-fi movies are kind of stupid. Apologies to you if you are a fan but humanoids that discover they have magical "Jedi" powers and use them to do good or evil — is ridiculous.
I could go on about the Lord of the Rings but I digress.
The point is, it’s all fantasy. And fantasy is about having fun and thinking about things that are out of this world or the realm of possibility.
So back to the topic at hand, which is horror movie villains. According to Valencia Theater Seating, Minnesota’s most popular is Jason Voorhees. That's the guy that was mentioned earlier. He comes out of the lake and goes after people at the campground. And those people never seem to want to leave, no matter how much Jason is terrorizing them.
I guess it’s not surprising that Jason is Minnesota's most popular horror villain given that we have a bunch of lakes in Minnesota but he is popular across the United States. In fact, Jason Voorhees and Mike Myers, tied for the most popular.
- 12 states chose Michael Myers from Halloween
- 12 states chose Jason Voorhees from Friday The 13th
- 10 states chose Pennywise from It
- 7 states chose Freddy Krueger from Nightmare On Elm Street
- 3 states chose Chucky from Child's Play - 3 states
- 3 states chose Hannibal Lecter from Silence Of The Lambs
- 1 states chose Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- 1 state chose The Candyman from Candyman
- 1 state chose The Babadook from The Babadook
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
10 Iconic Minnesota Foods Everyone Should Try