Sauk Rapids Man Sentenced for Statutory Rape
FOLEY (WJON News) -- A Sauk Rapids man who pleaded guilty to having sex with a 13-year-old girl has been sentenced.
A Benton County judge has given 20-year-old Daniel Nguyen a stayed prison sentence of 12 years after pleading guilty to felony 1st-degree criminal sexual conduct. He was also sentenced to 180 days in the county jail that he must serve.
According to the charges, Nguyen was having a sexual relationship with the girl despite knowing she was only 13 years old.
The girl was found at Nguyen's residence after she ran away from home. According to court records, the family discovered the relationship from evidence on the girl's phone.
The victim admitted to the sexual contact during a forensic interview at the Child Advocacy Center. Nguyen also admitted to the sexual intercourse when he was interviewed by police.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- U-of-M Research Project Reveals New Information on Buckthorn
- Expert: Bumper Crop of Acorns Not Drought-Related
- Minnesota DNR Releases Results of Small Game Survey
- Highway 23 North Gap on Schedule to Open in November
- PleasureLand RV Center Owner Passes Away