The Minnesota Vikings Should Release Adrian Peterson
Friday we all learned about an incredibly disturbing incident involving one of Minnesota's most loved athletes, Adrian Peterson. The star running back for the Vikings has been charged with abusing his 4-year-old son.
Peterson beat his child, admitted to it, and seems to be fine with it according to the reporting from CBS Houston. Here are the lowlights:
- The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands.
- The child told authorities “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” and “has a whooping room.” He also said that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with his pants down.
- When Peterson was asked how he felt about the incident, he said, “To be honest with you, I feel very confident with my actions because I know my intent.”
- AP said he would never “eliminate whooping my kids . . . because I know how being spanked has helped me in my life.”
- Peterson sent a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”
If even one of these points reported by CBS Houston is correct, Peterson should be released immediately by the Vikings.
Let's remember the victim is 4-years old, a child that young shouldn't be talking about a "whooping room" and having leaves stuffed in his mouth while getting a beating with his pants down, that is sick.
As a lifelong Vikings fan I would rather the team lose every game this season than have Adrian back on the field in my beloved purple and gold. And that really sucks, because I have never enjoyed watching a professional athlete more than him, he truly is one of a kind.
Drugs, drinking, whizzinators, love boat parties, all those things can be forgiven and overlooked with time, but there are two things that we ALL must stand up against, violence against women and violence against children. Enough is enough!
I guess we shouldn't be surprised that a man who makes a living being the most violent player in the most violent sporting league has a problem with violence, but a 4-year old child?? Come on AP. I hope you get the help you need. Thanks for the memories #28.