Treatment Center Approved for Former Methodist Church
During Monday night's meeting, the St. Cloud City Council unanimously approved a rezoning and a PUD amendment request for the former Methodist Church building at 302 5th Avenue South and 301 4th Avenue South.
Ascension Recovery Services Founder and CEO Doug Leech says he wants to be a good neighbor.
Mary Matthews lives in the neighborhood. She says the neighbors had concerns when they first heard about the project, but after several meetings, they feel the project is a good one. She says it is wonderful to see the long vacant property will be used again, and that the church building will be saved.
A 48-bed inpatient treatment and outpatient treatment center is being planned for the property.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- World Food Tour: Hernandez Burrito in Sauk Rapids
- Big Scratch Off Lottery Winner in St. Cloud
- First Former Johnnie to Play in the Super Bowl this Sunday
- Unusually Early Start to Maple Syrup Season in Minnesota
- Why I'm Dancing for Quiet Oaks Hospice House in St. Cloud