Cross Country Skier Breaks Through Thin Ice
SPICER (WJON News) -- A cross-country skier had to be rescued after falling through thin ice.
The Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Office says the incident happened Wednesday at about 3:30 p.m. on Elkhorn Lake just south of Spicer.
Seventy-three-year-old John Woodhall of Spicer was pulled out of the lake by a member of the Atwater Ambulance who was in the area and witnessed him going through the ice and into the lake.
Woodhall was about 15 to 20 feet offshore when he went into the lake.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Lower Gas, Diesel Prices Predicted in 2024
- Minnesota's Minimum Wage Rates for 2024
- Two Minnesota Ice Events Delayed
- New Minnesota Tenant, Landlord Laws Take Effect January 1st
- New Theater Space Opening in Downtown St. Cloud
- Nonprofit Offering Month-Long Expeditions to Canada
LOOK: 35 Vintage Cereals That Perfectly Captured Pop Culture Moments
Gallery Credit: Rob Carroll