Sun Country Airlines Adding 9 New Destinations Out of Minnesota
If you're looking to get out and plan a trip this year, Sun Country Airlines just made it easier, adding nine new direct flights out of Minnesota.
Sun Country Airlines is the second-largest Minnesota airline headquartered at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. (Okay, Delta-- the largest-- isn't really a Minnesota airline anymore, their headquarters are in Atlanta, but seeing as they merged with Minnesota's Northwest Airlines back in 2008, they still seem like a Minnesota company.)
And, they just announced nine new destinations to both large cities and some popular vacation destinations, all flying direct from Minneapolis, out of Terminal 2 at MSP. (Which, if you ask me, is the best terminal to fly out of at the Minneapolis airport. The lines are much smaller and you don't have to wait very long to get through the security checkpoints. And they usually use similar smaller terminals at your destination, too, so flying back to Minnesota is just as easy.)
According to SunCountry.com, the airline is offering 16 more routes and 9 new cities later this year. All of these new destinations will begin direct service from Minnesota in May. These new destinations include:
- John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California (starting May 6)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, Texas (starting May 13)
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (starting May 14)
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina (starting May 14)
- Bradley International Airport in Hartford County, Connecticut (starting May 21)
- Glacier Park International Airport in Flathead County, Montana (starting May 26)
- Jackson Hole Airport in Teton County, Wyoming (starting May 26)
- Indianapolis International Airport in Indiana (starting May 28)
- Fairbanks International Airport in Alaska (starting May 29)
You can get more information, including prices, on these new flights. HERE.
On the other hand, if you'd still like to get out of Minnesota but instead of flying, you'd rather pack the family in the car and take a road trip, keep scrolling to check out Must-Drive Roads from every state here in the U. S. of A.!