I Bet You Never Knew These 6 Facts About Minnesota!
Minnesota has lots of cool and random facts within our state lines.
How many of these did you know?
- The Mall of America is the size of 78 football fields. (9.5 million square feet)
- The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is the largest urban sculpture garden in the country.
- Minnesota has 90,000 miles of shoreline, more than California, Florida and Hawaii combined.
- Minnesota's waters flow outward in three directions: north to Hudson Bay in Canada, east to the Atlantic Ocean, and south to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Minnesota has one recreational boat per every six people, more than any other state.
- Minnesota Inventions: Masking and Scotch tape, Wheaties cereal, Bisquick, HMOs, the bundt pan, Aveda beauty products, and Green Giant vegetables
And my personal favorite, because I used to drive to Renville to visit my grandparents and go through Olivia - "In Olivia a single half-husked cob towers over a roadside gazebo. It is 25 feet tall, made of fiberglass, and has been up since 1973."
How many of these 6 Minnesota facts did you know?