Report Says Overheated Compressor Caused Verso Explosion
SARTELL – An overheated compressor has been determined as the root cause of the Verso Paper Mill explosion.
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety State Fire Marshal wrapped up their investigation and released a full report on Monday.
Investigator John Steinbach says the plant experienced a severe reduction of cooling water flow to it’s compressors.
This caused one compressor to overheat, leading to the explosion and fire that claimed a life.