5 Other Things Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar Could Be Announcing
Speculation is rising that Minnesota's senior U.S. Senator is going to toss her hat in the ring and run for President next year. But here are some OTHER things Amy Klobuchar could be announcing.
It was earlier this week, right after the State of the Union address on Tuesday, that Minnesota's own Amy Klobuchar announced she'd be making... a big announcement. A post on her Twitter page said she'd be making her announcement this Sunday, February 10th, on Boom Island in Minneapolis.
So, of course, everyone is assuming that Amy will be announcing that she's running for President. She's been showing signs doing just that for several months now, and her name has been mentioned by national pundits who supposedly know these things.
We won't know for sure, though, until Sunday. But Jason DeRusha, a news anchor for WCCO-TV in Minneapolis asked the question on his Twitter page, though, about what ELSE Amy Klobuchar might be announcing on Sunday-- and got some pretty funny responses. Check it out:
- She's starting her own YouTube channel
- She's sponsoring a new light rail line from Rochester to the Twin Cities all the way north to Duluth
- The Lynx have signed her to a one-year deal to replace Maya Moore
- She's introducing legislation to move Minnesota's capital from St. Paul to Rochester.
- And, my personal favorite, she's actually a Green Bay Packers fan!
I'm guessing none of those are actually true, mind you. We'll have to wait until Sunday to get the official word!