Early Season, Record-Breaking Heat Wave on the Way
The National Weather Service is telling us that an early season, potentially record-breaking heat wave is on the way for Central Minnesota from late this week through early next week.
Along with muggy conditions and a threat of thunderstorms through Friday, the forecast is calling for high temps in the 90s.
- Wednesday's Forecast High: 85° (record 94°, 1926)
- Thursday's Forecast High: 90° (record 94°, 2010)
- Friday's Forecast High: 92° (record 93°, 1978)
- Saturday's Forecast High: 93° (record 93°, 1914)
- Sunday's Forecast High: 92° (record 97°, 1969)
- Monday's Forecast High: 92° (record 100°, 1934)
- Tuesday's Forecast High: 92° (record 92°, 1934)
Then it looks like an above average dose of 80s for the rest of the short week.
With heat & humidity in the weather mix, unstable air masses develop -- increasing the chance of severe weather. Download our mobile app and opt in for weather alerts to stay in the know.
Welcome to the '98.1 Days of Summer' in Minnesota!