Just in Time for the 4th- Boozy Melon Balls
I always think it's fun to try and think of new things to bring camping, or to an outdoor party, or just something fun when there are a lot of people around- sharing is caring, after all, right?
Last year I tried the boozy gummy bears. Those were pretty good. But after a bit, if they weren't all eaten in a timely matter, they turned into fat boozy gummies that were kind of slimy.
Let's try this- boozy melon balls. You could do watermelon, cantaloupe, or honeydew, or a combination of the three. That sounds good, right? And they probably won't swell up, either. How can this possibly go wrong? You have melon balls and you have vodka, what could happen?
Here is the recipe:
- Slice the fruit in half and remove the seeds from the cantaloupe and honeydew.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out the melons and place in a shallow container with a lid.
- Add pineapple juice.
- Pour in raspberry vodka and triple sec.
- Toss the fruit and arrange so that the melon balls are submerged if possible.
- Cover and freeze just until partially frozen. You can also chill them for a few hours if you don't want them partially frozen.
Oh, and make sure you aren't the one driving after consuming this concoction. That would be bad. Consume responsibly.
Happy Summer!!! It's finally here with some warm weather kicking this weekend off... on to the 4th!