Royalton Man Sentenced on Federal Child Pornography Charge
MINNEAPOLIS (WJON News) -- A Royalton man has been sentenced to 16 years in prison for producing child pornography.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says 35-year-old Andrew Groen contacted a minor victim using a texting app and coerced the child into sending sexually explicit photos.
He pleaded guilty to a federal charge of producing child pornography in August.
Court records show Groen posed as a 19-year-old man named Tyler and sent the victim obscene images, links to pornography, and encouraged the minor to have sex with an adult man identified in messages.
The case was a result of an investigation conducted by the FBI and the Willmar Police Department.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Stearns County Tackling New Justice Center Project in 2024
- St. Cloud Planning University Drive Improvements in 2024
- Large Grant Awarded for Sherburne County Intersection Improvement
- Minnesota Launches New Assisted Living Report Card
- Emerald Ash Borer Discovered in 48th Minnesota County
WOOF: These are the most popular dog breeds in America
Gallery Credit: Sabienna Bowman
LOOK: Baby names that are illegal around the world
Gallery Credit: Annalise Mantz