Tips for Doing the Insane Inflatable 5K [Watch]
As you can tell from the video above, I had a great time at the Insane Inflatable 5K last year! This is such a fun event, mainly because there is no pressure! The event isn't timed and you don't feel like you need to rush though it. You just go and have a great time with your friends on giant inflatables!
Since I am now a veteran of the event, I wanted to share some tips I wish I had last year!
- Wear sunscreen - I forgot last year and ended up with a lovely red glow. The main place you need to remember to hit is your face!
- Wear good shoes - You are doing a 5K, even if it doesn't feel like one. Wearing shoes with good support is important.
- Bring a fanny pack - 1. Because they are cool and 2. because then you have a place to keep your keys, cash and phone. (Bag check is available if you aren't a fanny pack person)
- Sunglasses are a must have - Just don't wear your favorite pair.
- Eat breakfast - You're going to be doing a lot of cardio, eat something that will give you the energy you need to power you through the obstacles!
If you haven't got signed up yet, you can do that here! And make sure you sign up soon because this event rolls into Powder Ridge in Kimball on Saturday!