Wood Tick 1, Kimball Woman 0
It's "game on" with wood ticks this year. Experts saying it will be an unusually bad year for ticks. They are already out and getting thicker every day. These sneaky little bastards can spread diseases, with the one of the biggest being Lyme Disease.
Stearns County Sheriff's Dept was called to 31 Elm Street in Kimball, Saturday morning on the report of a house fire. 73 year old Judy Anderson, homeowner, received minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
According to Anderson, she was attempting to kill a wood tick, that she had wrapped up in a napkin, by using a lighter to light the napkin on fire. That should be the end of the story and the tick, but the napkin started some other nearby paper on fire.
The Kimball Fire Dept extinguished the fire, with the house left with extensive fire and smoke damage. There is no word yet on the fate of the tick. For now, we are giving it the win.