Minnesota Is the Best State for Women
According to the latest number-crunching done by the brainiacs at WalletHub, Minnesota is the Best State for Women. The worst state -- well let's just say we wouldn't recommend moving to Louisiana anytime soon. Here's the scoop:
In determining the best and worst states for women, the WalletHub experts looked at income for women, unemployment, women-owned businesses, poverty rates, education, voting rates, life expectancy, and more.
The Top-Ten Best States for Women
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
The bottom of the women-friendly barrel: Louisiana (#50), South Carolina (#49), Nevada (#48), Alabama (#47), Arkansas (#46).
Minnesota Ranks High in Several Categories
- 6th – Median Earnings for Females
- 3rd – Unemployment Rate for Women
- 6th – % of Women Living in Poverty
- 2nd – High School Dropout Rate for Women
- 4th – % of Women Who Voted in the 2012 Presidential Election
- 5th – Female Uninsured Rate
- 2nd – Women’s Life Expectancy at Birth
- 1st – ‘Top-Rated Women’s Hospitals’ Score
- 9th – Women’s Preventive Health Care
You can see the full list of state rankings HERE.