Pet Treat Recall: Could Kill Both Pets and Owners
If you have a dog or cat then you need to read this carefully. The Minnesota Department of Agriculture is warning about a dog treat recall because it can cause death in animals and their owners.
The worry is because of an illness called "botulism" -- a form of food poisoning that has caused death in animals as well as humans. The treats are sold in many Minnesota stores.
- 4 Perfect Pets in Oakdale, MN
- Atlas Pet Supply in Blaine, Elk River, and Stillwater, MN
- Canine Crossing in Andover, MN
- Chuck & Don’s in Savage, Coon Rapids, and Chanhassen, MN
- Farmers Feed Supply in Owatonna, MN
- Federated Cooperative in Isanti, MN
- Floodwood Farm and Feed in Floodwood, MN
- Leedstone, Inc., in Melrose, MN
- Pet Evolution in Woodbury, MN
- Pet Expo Distributors in Mankato, MN
- The Pet Authority, Inc., in Albert Lea, MN
- Urban Tails Pet Supply in Minneapolis, MN
There have been no illnesses or deaths reported, but the treats have been found to be contaminated with botulism and could lead to death in animals as well as humans who touch the treats. It is urged you throw away ALL treats of this brand, no matter what the "sell by" date.
For more information on this specific recall, visit the FDA's website.