What Was Your Biggest Letdown When You Became An Adult?
Let's face it, growing up's not all it's cracked up to be. Broken dreams, crushed spirits, empty promises. I'm kidding (kind of), but we all have a list of letdowns based on expectations of what we thought becoming an adult meant. Here are the top disappointments.
The question was originally posed online at Reddit, and these were the top responses:
- You have to pay for everything, even the stuff you didn't know about, like insurance.
- You miss having an entire summer vacation. (Unless you became a teacher.)
- Just because you have a salary doesn't mean you have a ton of money to spare. You can't just throw a thousand dollars around without thinking about it.
- You don't stop having pimples.
- You don't automatically become wise, mature, or rational.
- Having your own house isn't as cool as it sounds. The buying process is horrible, things are constantly breaking, and the whole thing costs a fortune.
- Even though you can buy and eat anything you want, you feel sick and get chubby if you eat a whole box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch every day.
- You realize how much your parents did for you, what an ingrate you were, and no matter what you do now, you can't fully make up for it.
As I was looking through the thread on Reddit, I cam across this post:
"I bought a Nerf Gun today, and now I feel bad. Being an adult sucks."
Made me laugh out loud. Pretty much sums it up.