More Hand Sanitizer’s Added to the ‘DO NOT USE’ List
STOP....LOOK BEFORE YOU USE THAT HAND SANITIZER
I'm not sure where I was when this happened, (probably somewhere using hand sanitizer).The FDA put out a list of nine hand sanitizers recently, that contain an extremely toxic substance called methanol. I mean EXTREMELY TOXIC...So toxic that it CAN KILL you. All of the brands named where created by a Mexican company called Eskbiochem. Those named were:
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer.
- All-Clean Hand Sanitizer.
- The Good Gel Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer.
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer
- Four different types of a brand called CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer.
- And Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer. That one was especially toxic. The FDA tested a bottle, and it was 81% methanol.
BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE!
Now, these have been added to the list:
- Grupo Insoma's Hand Sanitizer Gel.
- Transliquid Technologies' Mystic Shield Protection.
- Bersih Hand Sanitizer Gel. It's made by a company called "Soluciones Cosmeticas."
- Antiseptic Alcohol 70% Topical Solution, made by the same company.
- Britz Hand Sanitizer, made by a company called Tropicosmeticos.
The Side effects of Methanol poisoning include nausea, headaches, blurry vision, seizures, blindness and death.
I guess I've never been a big user of hand sanitizer, I'm more of a soap girl...but you do you. Just be careful when you stop by public restrooms...you may not want to bring your own soap. We can do that right? Soap bar in a zip lock and I'm good.
I guess you could always stick with companies you know. I'm looking at what is sitting on my desk at work right now..and it's Purell. Maybe stick with that?