We've been hearing about this for quite awhile, and now the time is looming.  You do have a year... but the best idea is probably to get this thing done sooner than later.

I'm talking about the "real ID".  This is what you are going to need to be able to fly domestic or international.  If you have an Enhanced ID, that costs about $15 more, but it will be what you need for any travel you may be planning.  What type of ID you need depends on what you will be using it for...travel, an ID, a driver's license, etc.

Everything you need to know about that "real ID" and other options is available right here... 

Get the 'Loon Extra' Newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest Minnesota & rock news in your inbox a couple times a week. If we're not awesome, drop us like a hot potato.