Generation X- We Are the Forgotten Generation
Generation X- or Gen X as we are now called. The forgotten generation. And why is that? It's like being the middle kid. Which I also am. I just can not win. But anyway, Gen X is always the forgotten generation, and this really says it. Check this out...
HELLO!! Where is Generation X on this thing?? I know this was a while ago, like a year ago, but this sort of thing happens all of the time. AND I saw another report somewhere that one of the rules of being a Gen X'er is that you "Don't talk about Generation X". Like Fight Club. And it really is true. You hear Millennials talk about being Millennial. You also hear Baby Boomers talk about being a Boomer. We never do that. I actually had to look up what generation I was included in at one point because I had no idea.
After this little story, this needs to be pointed out:
- A little thing called the Internet
- The introduction of mobile phones, which led to cell phones, and who even uses those?
- The invention of personal computers – again, no biggie.
- GPS – we don’t really need to know where we are or where we’re going. Esp. Gen-Xers who apparently don’t exist anyway.
- The best movies of all time, including: The Godfather, Star Wars, Jaws, Rocky, American Graffiti, Saturday Night Fever, Dirty Harry, and Grease. A generation that just happened to be defined by the fall of the Berlin Wall, the Watergate scandal, the Challenger explosion, Roe vs. Wade, acid wash jeans, Doc Martens, banana clips, Sweet Valley High, the Brat Pack, Madonna, Jon Bon Jovi, Journey, Van Halen, mix tapes, Blockbuster, Must-See TV, video games, and MTV.
All of these things.... just sayin'...why ARE we the forgotten generation again?